The call for grants for investments and R&D projects in circular economy, published by the Department of Economy, Planning and Employment at the end of April, has received applications from 42 different companies that plan to invest around 28.53 million euros in this area in Aragon. As a novelty compared to previous years, in addition to being co-financed with ERDF funds, these subsidies support investments aimed at achieving a more efficient and sustainable production and not only business projects that include experimental development or industrial research in circular economy.

As established in the call for proposals, 70% of the four million budget will be earmarked for the circular economy investment line and the remaining 30%, i.e. 1.2 million euros, for industrial research and/or experimental development projects. Some of the companies that form part of the European RESOURCE Project have received funding from the R&D aid line promoted by the Government of Aragon through its Aragon Circular Aragon strategy.

From the list of projects that are participating in the “RESOURCE” project, it should be noted that 4 entities have been beneficiaries of the subsidies during the period 2021-2023. On the other hand, the project of one of them has been declared of regional interest. In addition, it should be noted that 80% of the companies are adhered to the “Aragón Circular Institutional Declaration”.